Carolyn Buppert is an attorney who focuses on legal issues affecting nurses, advanced practice clinicians and their employers. She studies nurse practitioner liability. Her clients include hospitals, health systems, insurers, physician and nurse practitioner practices, visiting nurse agencies, nursing homes, hospices, schools of nursing and a national certification organization.
She is a frequent contributor to the Journal of Nurse Practitioners and Medscape.com. She lectures extensively on legal issues regarding the scope of practice, compliance prescribing malpractice, privacy and reimbursement issues.
Listen in as Pat Iyer and Carolyn Buppert chat about these points related to nurse practitioner liability
- Some nurse practitioner liability issues
- Why nurse practitioners are named as defendants
- Why nurse practitioners are sued with less frequency than physicians
- Why there are quite a number of cases over the years of missed breast cancer
- The surprising statistic about nurse practitioners’ prescribing privileges
- What is a SCRIPT analysis when it comes to prescribing errors
- Lawsuits involving prescribing errors by nurse practitioners and their liability
Related Product: Analyzing Cardiac Risk Cases
In this program, Dr. Rosemary McGeady MD JD shares her special perspective as a cardiologist who became a plaintiff’s medical malpractice attorney. She teaches you
• the most common causes of cardiac risk cases with medical malpractice
• what two groups of patients are at greatest risk for having non-classic signs of a heart attack that could be misdiagnosed
• who the go-to person is in a physician’s office
• the three elements she uses to evaluate a potential medical malpractice claim
• why she takes only 30 medical malpractice cases per year and rejects 1,400
You may order this program for only $9.97. You’ll receive the audio program and the transcript by ordering at this link: http://lnc.tips/cardiacrisk
Get an additional 25% Off this product by using the code Listened in the promo box at checkout!
Carolyn Buppert practiced as a nurse practitioner for 16 years before focusing exclusively on legal matters.
She is the author of 8 books and 3 instructional CDs. Among the titles:
• The Nurse Practitioner’s Business Practice and Legal Guide (2017)
• Frequently Asked Legal Questions Keeping Nurses Awake at Night (2015)
• Billing Physician Services Provided by Nurse Practitioners (2016)
• Negotiating Terms of Employment (2016)
• Avoiding Malpractice (2016)