Whether an LNC works in a law firm or is self-employed, requests for screening medical malpractice cases are common.
In this edition of Iyer’s Insights, Pat Iyer shares tips for screening two common types of cases: falls and medication errors. Falls are common in healthcare settings. You can perform an invaluable service by screening a fall case for merit.
A fall that results in injury – a fracture, head injury, or paralysis may present an appealing case to a plaintiff attorney. But the attorney stops and thinks, “Is this really a good case? Should I get a nurse to take a look at it?” That’s where you come in.
Listen in as Pat Iyer chats about these points:
- The case of a previously alert and oriented nursing home resident found on the floor
- How taking shortcuts, cutting corners, and being rushed can spell disaster
- Why trying to cover up a medical error only worsens the liability
- How to anticipate the defenses when you are engaged in screening medical malpractice cases for merit involving falls
- Tips for screening a medication error case for medical malpractice
- 3 cases involving medication errors
Secrets of Success for Working as an Inhouse LNC
Is working as a law firm legal nurse consultant right for you? How can you create the most value for your skills? What are the pros and cons of this fast-paced role? An experienced LNC employed by a prestigious plaintiff law firm shares her knowledge on how to maximize the role of the inhouse LNC. You will discover how to:
- Most effectively look for and secure a job working in a law firm.
- Differentiate your role from that of a paralegal.
- Make yourself invaluable to the attorneys.
- Expand upon the rewards and challenges of this role.
Beth Zorn works as law firm legal nurse consultant and is a past president of AALNC.
Order this training at this link:http://lnc.tips/Inhouse
Get a 25% discount on this training by using the word Listened in the coupon box during checkout
Pat Iyer engaged in screening medical malpractice cases for merit for over 25 years. She is one of America’s most experienced legal nurse consultants.
Check out the webinars, teleseminars, courses and books at legalnursebusiness.com. Expand your LNC skills with our resources.
Explore mentorship with Pat Iyer at LNCAcademy.com to get more clients, make more money and avoid expensive mistakes. Pat is a trusted advisor to LNCs.
Join us for monthly online trainings at LNCCEU.com for 2 trainings each month designed to deepen your knowledge and skills.